Tonight for FHE we had a birthday party for 2015. I made a chocolate cake for the occasion. As a way to introduce goals I asked the kids "how did we get our FHE dessert? Did it just appear?" Then we talked about how it takes steps, and work, to make a cake. Then we talked about family goals and what's steps it would take to achieve those goals. We voted on our favorite two goals and ended up with "go to bed each night without any trouble" (getting out of bed, asking for drinks, talking too loud, etc and " be on time for school."
Nellie got to go home from preschool with Reese. When I picked her up she was dressed in a beautiful, sparkly princess Tiana outfit with high heel shoes, a bracelet, wings, and a ring. Reese is letting her borrow them until school on Wednesday. Nellie stayed in it all day and was extra careful at dinner to keep it clean.
Spencer had basketball practice today. He is really enjoying it. He seems like such a big kid when we drive up and he hops right out of the car and runs in while I get the girls unstrapped. I feel so lucky to be his mom. I know he won't always want to snuggle with me and give me hugs, so in enjoying it while I can. I love his smiling eyes.
Nora got a doll and stroller for Christmas. The doll even came with a pacifier. She says "where baby" whenever it is time for her nap or bed. Then we find the a baby and out her to bed too. Nora has a special blanket (and I can't quite remember who gave it to her!) it is a tied quilt and to help her falls sleep Nora grabs one of the tied yarn strands between her thumb and pointer finger and gently brushes it across her face and around her eyes. When she is really struggling to fall asleep all I have to do is find one of the ties and hand it to her and she immediately starts to calm down. It is really sweet.
Lucy slept through most of basketball practice , and since Nora was happy and content, so I was able to chat with my good friend Darci. I am so thankful to have her as a friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment