Nora has started hating going down for naps, and if she thinks you might be putting her down she'll start to cry and use all stalling tactics. So we have usually spell out N-A-P when we are going to put her down. Nellie likes nap time because it usually means she gets to watch a show or play with something that Nora can't play with. After church Nellie said, "hey mom, aren't you going to put Nora down for her P-S-D... or whatever?"
Nora and Stevenson have a cute little routine. First they put their heads together and rub ears on one side and then the other. Then they rub noses. Last, Nora gives him a kiss on each cheek.
Growing up in California most of the playground equipment was in tanbark or that soft padded mat material. In eugene most of the playgrounds are in sand. It's been weird to get used to, and messier, but maybe it makes it so the rain doesn't puddle up as much? Anyhow, at the park today the big kids were playing in the sand while I was nursing Lucy. Spencer finished his castle and then came back by me to get a better look and said, "wow mom, you've got a great view from here of my impressive sand castle. I'm really impressed with my skills."
For FHE we talked about Martin Luther King and read 2 Nephi 26:33. I was impressed with my kids' knowledge of MLK- good job preschool and public school teachers! I am so thankful for Martin Luther King Jr and what he accomplished, and that my kids are growing up in a place where they think it is so weird that someone couldn't use the same drinking fountain as somebody else because of the color of their skin.
1 comment:
Aden and I were trying to update our bookmarks and figured we could delete this one- NOT SO and Hallelujah!! We loved getting to see you guys in pictures and feel your love and strength. I love you Marissa- you are such a sincere and beautiful person. love Steff
Post a Comment