Friday, January 2, 2015

January 1, 2015

New year, new you? New life? Let's settle for new blog content.

My mom and dad are in town visiting while Stevenson is with his dad at the Rose Bowl.  It has been great to have them here to keep me company and help with projects.  It's amazing how much can get done when you have 3 adults around.  Although they have been doing  the majority of the grunt work (Nora only wants me and I have to nurse Lucy) and are now worn out and getting sick from my kids. :(

Spencer got a new haircut from grandma and looks like a different kid! I am so happy with the kid he is.  Today he made up a secret club called the "help Nora club," which purpose is to "help Nora not cry, give her her favorite toys and things, and find out her favorite things to eat." Grandpa was teaching him how to tell time on his new Yoda Watch, and so he made sure to notify all club members about the meeting times (where they would discuss how to help Nora).

Nellie is looking forward to a Tea Party with grandma in the morning.  She is the first to give up something of hers to Nora, to get her a drink of water, share her snack, or listen for the baby.  Today she really wanted to watch Tom and Jerry a Nutcracker Tale. I love hearing her laugh out loud.

Nora is having a hard time.  I wish I knew why she was crying out in the night and what she needed.  I've been giving extra hugs and carrying her around a lot, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Maybe it's not being amble to communicate well (although she can say a lot for a 22 month old!), or that she's sick, or teething, or having people stay at our house, but she has been pretty sad the last couple of days.  Today was better though and she was especially cute cheering for the ducks while we watched the Rose Bowl.  "Yay! Go ducks!" She also said " love you daddy" while leaving a message for Stevenson.

Lucy is a darling, perfect baby.  She has been giving us the biggest smiles! And has been spitting up way more lately.  She is quite the chunk.

Stevenson went to the rose bowl and they won! 59-20. I'm so glad he could go! I miss him when he's gone.  I love having my parents here and at the same time I realize that I have my own family now and how nice it will be when we're all back together in our own routines.  That is when I'll miss having my parents around again though, ha. Funny how that works.

I always feel behind and  constantly playing catch-up.  My patience runs thin by the end of the day., and my nerves are shot from a lot of extra whining and crying recently (from the babies).  And yet, I feel overall happy and content.  I feel a looming post-holiday-back-to-reality- parents are leaving tomorrow- depression on the horizon, but hopefully it can be counteracted by how nice it feels to get organized and back on schedule after a vacation.

No comments: