Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Stars and Strips Forever: Pink, White, and Blue

Spencer's disgruntled look can be best summed up in what I know he was thinking in this picture, "Mom, you will pay for this."
Among the crackling pops and the eardrum-splitting shrieks from State-of-Washington-legal fireworks, Marissa posed for this picture. Spencer could only look away in pink shame. I was dubbed "Official Lighter" of the fireworks. A reasonable choice since nobody has more to lose by blowing off a finger or two than a future dentist.
With a dad like this, a pink coat may be the least of Spencer's worries.



5 comments:

Mina said...

You guys are so cute! I love the pink jacket. It's very "Metro"! He pulls it off quite nicely! Keep up with Pix! We love you guys!

Alicia said...

oh my goodness!! you and your family is SOOOO Cute! i love reading your blogs. I am going to be better about posting mine now cause were out of school for a nice long break. In fact i dont have to go back til January! So yeah im pretty excited! your baby just keeps getting cuter and cuter! We might come to oregon at the very end of august, if we do I totally want to come see you.

christina clark said...

Only Spence can make a pink coat look manly, that is besides Rocco. Love the pictures, also I want confirmation from Marissa that she thinks that Oregon is better than California. I think Oregon is great from what I hear, but most people's summer vacations don't include Oregon, why do you think that is? weird.

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

just for the record I never had tears in my eyes at the Olympic Trials or uttered those words. Oregon summer's are amazing, however California is better in every other season.

Katie said...

Marissa,
I just found your blog through Diana Hulmes! So good to see what you're up to! What a cute baby! Oh, and funny side note...Stevenson was in my freshman ward at BYU. He may not remember me (Katie Grover) but that is too funny. Hey, send me an e-mail to katiespear@gmail.com and I will invite you to my blog. Meanwhile I'm adding you to my blog role..if that's ok? So fun to catch up with you!