But boy, the time change has done a number on us. 12:30 church is terrible for a napping toddler. And many a Sunday we are tearing our hair out by the time bedtime comes around.
Even so, she is adorable.
I love that Nellie loves nursery. One of the joys of motherhood is peeking through the window of the nursery door and watching Nellie's eyes light up as the song leader brings the stuffed elephant around for her to hug and kiss. The excitement that she feels about nursery is uncontainable.
She loves it so much.
I love primary.
I haven't always been able to say that. Teaching little kids did/does not come naturally to me. Especially when you are teaching them in front of a lot of other adults. But I no longer want to cry every time i get up there. I still come home sweaty and frazzled most Sundays, but there is no other place in the church I would rather be serving right now. Sure it will be nice to have the business of meetings and endless thoughts of what I should or need to do on my mind gone, but I will miss the sweet children and their simple, profound testimonies. I will miss the funny things they say, and their random comments. I will miss the Spirit that is felt when you can see a child understanding more about their Savior. And I will miss singing time! The primary songs are such an integral part of my own testimony. Being able to sing them again each week has reminded me of the simple truths of the gospel.
I love being in primary with Spencer. Watching him be so excited about Primary has been fun. Helping him to give the scripture and prayer last week for the first time, and watching him hum today for the first time are experiences that I am so happy to be a part of.
I love Sunday evening meetings with Stevenson.
We talk about the upcoming week and he helps me make a menu. Our Sunday evenings really set the tone for the week and help me feel organized and prepared to hit the ground running Monday AM.
Between our callings and trying to keep two wiggly, very loud, tired kids quiet you may wonder if it is even worth it. Sundays are not often restful for our family. But amidst the chaos there are small moments that Heavenly Father gives me to let me know that we are doing the right thing, and that going to church and serving in callings is where He wants us to be. Watching Nellie's eyes light up at nursery, over-hearing Spencer singing all the words to the new primary song in his room, having him tell me "mom, I am going to choose the right," watching a little girl confidently give the scripture and prayer in primary when a few months ago she wouldn't even come to primary without her mom or dad, Stevenson talking with me about a great Sunday School lesson he was able to attend and listen to (thank you nursery!), and feeling the Spirit as I testify of agency and our Heavenly Father's plan are the moments where I know that it is worth it.
I love (most) Sundays- as long as I can think about them this way and remember to eat so I don't let myself get overwhelmed and cranky!
2 comments:
Thanks for such an inspiring post. I love primary too, and I feel blessed to be there with you each week. I will miss you!!
I loved your thoughts on Sunday. Makes me want to be better about the time that Josiah and I have before another week starts. Thanks for sharing :) You sure do a lot and it's amazing!!!
Post a Comment