Thursday, February 9, 2012

love week day 1

Let's pretend that I posted this on Tuesday!

I did love week last year after reading about it on a friends blog from back home.  It's kind of sad when you stop to think about what things you love and you have a hard time coming up with them immediately.  I found that last year that was the case and that doing love week helped me count my blessings, be more optimistic throughout the week, and take the time to stop and recognize the good things in my life that I love.

Currently I am loving my new eye concealer.  In my mind I still think I am young and can get away with little to no make-up.  Fortunately for me the girl at Sephora did not feel the same way and kindly pointed out that I was no longer 22 and that I should probably wear concealer and blush.  It was a nice way of saying "years of no sleep have left you looking dead, please wear some eye concealer and blush."  I am trying to be okay with the fact that it doubles my time getting ready in the morning (used to take 5 minutes to do my make-up, now takes 10 because it is new to me) and am enjoying doing a double take when i look up into the rearview mirror.  Are those my eyes??



I am also loving my ward and am sad to think about leaving it.  Relief Society activities are fun to go to when you know and like the people going to them.  It is great to have been in a ward for long enough to know so many of the women.  We had a sugar cookie decorating class where we learned how to flood cookies.  I have never decorated cookies with anything but buttercream or cream cheese frosting so this was all new to me.  It was so fun and the creative possibilities were endless!  I think most of us stayed longer than planned because we were having such a great time.  I wish I had a picture of mine, but they didn't last long enough.


Stayed tuned for more loves this week!



1 comment:

vanessa said...

love these posts, love and and all make-up recommendations and LOVE the nail polish I found in my purse!!! it is a perfect color, and I was seriously lamenting last night at how few i had. can't wait to paint my nails you are so sweet. also, you don't even need to wear makeup and i might hate you a little bit for that...