Wednesday, November 9, 2011

remember when?

When Spencer was 5 months old I used to wonder what it would be like to have him crawl around the kitchen corner looking for me.  And then it happened, and I will never be able to forget that face.



When he was 8 months old I used to wonder what it would be like to have him crawl up to me and stand next to my legs, holding on for support.  I will never be able to forget the feeling of his chubby fingers clutching to my jeans, and the sweet little pats he would give me.


When he turned one I used to wonder what it would be like to hear his little voice carrying on a conversation.  I remember laying in my bed one morning after Stevenson had taken Spencer downstairs and thinking what it would be like when I could overhear them having a conversation.  What would his voice sound like?  And now I get to hear that sweet voice every day.  And walk talk, and he tells me jokes, and we are great friends.



I used to wonder what it would be like to take Spencer to pre-school and have him happily wave good-bye.  And then the day happened.  And it was a little sad (for me).  And a little exciting (for him).  And I will never be able to forget that feeling.  

Where has the time gone?





2 comments:

Ty and Meg said...

Such a sweet post. I love seeing those pictures of little Spencer. He has grown up and changed so much!

zelmers said...

Thanks for blogging. The picture of Spencer holding the dove Christian paper is a keeper. Wow. Pretty good student I imagine. Also, Zach and I agree that you and Stevo look dazzling on the Les Mis. evening. We miss you!