Tuesday, November 8, 2011

5.5 years in the making

On the 3rd of June 2006 we took a day trip to Moab "because I had never been there before."  Or so I thought.  A dip in the Colorado river and a balanced rock or two later and we found ourselves at the Delicate Arch.  Stevenson found us a nice outcropping of rocks where we could sit and look at the Arch but not see any of the crowds of people.  I was enjoying the shady rest and beautiful view, totally unaware that I was about to be proposed to.  THE backpack carrying THE ring had been left in an unlocked car multiple times that day (which I HAD noted).  So when Stevenson suggested the idea that we read a book together, and that he had chosen Les Miserables because I had talked about how much I loved the Broadway show, I didn't see anything coming.  He continued to suggest reading a part together right then.  He began, with Marius and Cosette, and as he turned the page there it was.  The ring that I loved.  So delicate and perfect- just like the arch.

We committed then to go see Les Mis together the first time it came to a theatre near us.  Which happened to be this August in time for our 5th wedding anniversary.  We enjoyed a leisurely and delicious dinner complete with lavender lemonade and the most delicious mushrooms I have ever tasted which is saying a lot from someone who doesn't really like mushrooms.   

The play did not disappoint and sharing it together was the perfect celebration of our first 5 years.













4 comments:

daniellejackson said...

Oh I loved reading that post! I'm glad you got to see the show together to celebrate your anniversary! You haven't changed a bit from those Moab pictures!

Tara said...

I LOVE that you are on a blogging role! Love your proposal story. I'm so glad you guys got to see Les Mis!

vanessa said...

you guys are so cute, love those pictures. that is a great anniversary activity!

The Pricketts said...

Wow, I totally forgot the proposal story. So fun to hear all your sweet memories. Congrats on 5 years!!