Tuesday, March 22, 2011

march madness

such an original title right? ha.
Anyway.

what did we even do this month?  There aren't many pictures on the camera, and I think we spent some days being bored/ wishing it was sunny.

Overall we are all looking forward to the month being over and to spending spring break in CA! Getting to see Stevenson's family on the way down and back makes for a perfect vacation.

OKay, here's some March pic's:

We have been in Portland for almost 3 years and had not attended a Trail Blazers game until this month, when we attended 2!  First game: free tickets....with our backs against the wall.  Literally the farthest and highest you can sit in the arena.  And we had to pay $15 for parking, so not really free.  And the game was lame and we totally lost.  We still had fun, but.....


 Game two: not pictured!! BECAUSE we were too busy having an amazing time.  Seriously.  Once again, free tickets.  However, club level seating this time, with good company (thanks rob and ann!) wrist bracelets for all you can eat foods and desserts/drinks, free parking, and an awesome game that we won! Really, a wonderful time! Two dates in one month- we could get used to this.


In non Blazer related news, Nellie tried a snack trap for the first time.  Her incessant whining during the 5pm hour was wearing on me..... but not as much as her snacks were "wearing" on her!   (Did you like that one Dad??!?)



 We also tried some pig tails for the first time.  And nellie continues to find, and eat, paper every day.

 Spencer and I made a chain to count down to CA.  He picked the colors and the pattern and gets to take one off every morning before breakfast.

 Nellie cut another tooth (6 now! - 4 on top, 2 on the bottom) and we therefore got to enjoy yet another runny nose.
 Her hair has a row of super curls in the back that we love.

 Some leprechauns left spencer 3 green M&M's (it's all we had!) on the table for St. Patrick's Day, and he really got into the pinching :)  He still tells me, 5 days later, that he needs to pinch me because I am not wearing green.  He also said "Happy St. Patrick's Day mommy" to me multiple times, and it was cute.

We made a "green" smoothie that wasn't so green due to some strawberries that needed to be used up, but tasted good.  And green pancakes.

 I took mine non-green, with applesauce, just the way I like them, but on a green plate.  (new butter dish in the background from Stevenson).

 Spencer, I mean, Bob the Builder, has been around all week.  I am no longer Mommy, but Wendy.  And if I want him to do anything I have to call him Bob and use words like "yes we can!" and "we can build it!"
 Nellie continues to get messier than I knew possible at every meal.  Do you guys strip your kids down every time they eat?  I think I need to because I am doing way too much laundry around here.
 I co-hosted a baby shower.  This stuff was so good!

 We watched BYU win some games and the kids dressed in blue and white.

 Nellie put her arm up in support of Jimmer, and Spencer sang "Teach me how to Jimmer."


 Today we played with play dough, went to the library, called a plumber, packed our 72-hour kit, and put said play dough in our nose.


and during all that I somehow managed to sew a few stitches for some fun gifts.  Pictures to come.

3 comments:

daniellejackson said...

Lot's of fun going on over there :) I love Nellie in the hoodie!! Can't wait to see what you've been crafting!

brnidsam said...

Love the pig tails! Have fun in SoCal, you know I'm jealous.

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

HEY YOU! I saw your picture on Lindsey's blog and got so excited! So I looked through her contacts and found you.... what sweet kids! XOXO