For my 26th birthday I celebrated all weekend.
Friday
My husband thought he had an early meeting, but didn't! so we got to spend an extra hour together.
I took myself (and the kids) to lunch at a bakery that I had been wanting to try for a while and loved my sandwich.
Reading happy birthday notes from facebook, opening cards from family.
Spencer wrapped and re-wrapped "presents" for me all day long with his blanket.
We got baby-sitters and went to the Portland Art Museum (4th friday's free)
We tried a Tucanos type place....not as good but the grilled pineapple was still delicious!
Nellie dressed in her party outfit and smiled most of the day
Saturday, per tradition, I was joined by my fellow end of february birthday friend Megan and some of our friends for a Tea Party at Lavendar Teahouse in Sherwood.
We enjoyed delicious herbal teas with sugar cubes and everything. Is it just me or were the teas even better this time around??
Not to mention the scones with clotted cream that were to die for and my quiche that wasn't so bad itself either.
Brittney, Danielle, Tara, ME, Malorie, Lindsey, Megan
Different style tea pots helped to remember which was which.
And a handmade framed "friendship tea" pot.
Although the tea house is mostly classy it has its fair share of knick knacks and crazy hats which we posed with.
Thanks for sharing a party with me Meg. Next year- same time, same place?
Thanks for a great time ladies!
The rest of Saturday was spent baby-sitting some darling cousins of ours and Spencer went to bed late, which is why we didn't get around to birthday candles and cake until Sunday. Good thing Stevenson chose an ice cream cake for me so that we could eat it whenever we wanted!
Can you tell that Spencer was excited??
Birthday highlights:
Having a child old enough to sing me happy birthday and "wrap me presents"
Running to our car (because we could since we didn't have kids with us!) after eating dinner, since it was Fa-reezing cold! and holding hands.
Tea Party!
Making my primary kids sing "You've Had A Birthday" to me on Sunday since I was conducting.
So, happy birthday to me. Let's make this year good 26!


9 comments:
Yay for good birthdays! I love Nellie in that little TuTu! So cute!
Marissa, you're stunning, seriously. 26 years have done you well my friend! Happy Birthday! You share one with my sis so I always think of you on the 25th! And I've always thought Nellie was all you but in these pictures, I totally see Stevenson, I don't know if it's through the eyes or where but she's seriously a doll and a good mix of you both. I love her tutu and little leggings, oh I wish I could just squeeze her! Happy late Birthday! Love you!
I'm glad you had a lovely birthday weekend! You deserve it!
Happy birthday! Looks like you guys had fun. You look great in your pictures:)
I love sharing a birthday with you! I love Nellie's little outfits. So glad you had a wonderful weekend.
I had an ice cream cake as well! Yay for us. And like others, I love Nellie's party tutu! And what a sweet boy Spencer is to wrap presents for his mama.
I LOVE the tea party idea! So adorable and so much fun! Hope you had a lovely birthday.
In addition, your children are darling :)
Happy Birthday! Really, there is no substitute for Tucanos, no matter how long and hard you search.
Hey Marissa, Thanks to Zach for getting us onto your blog. What a great thing to see you guys in pictures! We love you! Steff and crew
Post a Comment