Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ode to Disneyland

I miss your carefree ways, your sunny days, and the never-ending smell of churrO's...


I miss your magical moments
your hidden, meticulous details

and the thrill and rush that your adventures grant me.


I miss racing to our favorite rides (because we could, with no kids)


and having these gals by my side.


Dearest Disneyland, You brought me smiles, laughs, and joy beyond measure. This trip indeed was such a treasure!

As I sat feeding Spencer his lunch today he sprayed his food all over me, with the new-found blowing of his lips. I couldn't help but wish the spray was mist from Splash Mountain, instead of sticky sweet potatos.

9 comments:

Mina said...

Weird how everything changes when you have a little guy to tote around eh? Who are the ladies you went to Disneyland with? I love to see what you guys are up to. More posts! (hey, if you are passing through Boise on your way to Utah in April, let me know;) )

zelmers said...

Thanks so much for posting these pics! We LOVED them! The nephew is the cutest guy ever blogged!! love S&Z

zelmers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ty and Meg said...

haha While the real life is not quite as exciting as the Disneyland one...I am happy you are back! And I am happy you had fun. : ) Lets play!

daniellejackson said...

Looks like tons of fun!! I bet Spencer's glad to have you home, not to mention your hubby!

Tara said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! And by the way I found a container of Spencer's Little Puffs under my couch. So, next time we see you I will give them to you!

Linette said...

What a wonderful memory you will always have. You are fortunate to have such great sister-in-laws!

The Nits said...

Ah the perfect post, I have had so much trouble thinking about putting the bliss into words! you did it nicely.-Manth

Alicia said...

oh how fun! We are planning on going to disney land next month. We are very excited. So you are coming to Utah in April? You will have to stop by and see us and the new baby! Love you! miss you!