Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Marissa Post

A week with work canceled, due to the snow and icy roads, left Spencer and I home and ahead of schedule this week. On the eve of our vacation, while Stevenson studies in the other room for his last, and hardest, final, I am bored. I don't want to turn on the TV and distract him, so here's a post for ya.

This week I have:

Got up and ready for church, only to have it canceled-- before it had even snowed.
Got up and ready for work, only to have it canceled--
Got ready to go visiting teaching, only to have it canceled--

So instead I:

  • Had a spotless kitchen.
  • Presents all wrapped and packed, except for a few stocking stuffers.
  • Stockings made (a success!) still in need of a few ribbons, bells and names sewn on.
  • Packed for our vacation.
  • Made bread twice this week. French and Cinnamon Swirl.
  • Watched 3 movies in 2 days. (More than I usually watch in weeks)
  • Checked all of your blogs a million times.
  • Cleaned my house 4 times per day.
  • Read a good book. (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society)
  • Gone through all of Spencer's 12 month clothes and put them in his drawers...wearing them already?
  • Ventured onto Portland's "ice-skating rink" roads twice. Once for groceries and once to get two very necessary things: A stocking pattern from Katherine and Season 3 of LOST fromthe library. (which is where we actually got stuck on a hill and had to roll down backwards-- me put chains on? no thanks...i'll roll down.)
  • Contemplated watching season 3 of LOST several times, but alas we watch it together and Stevenson has been studying all week.
  • Checked the mail about 3 times a day because a) I need to get outside, and b) one of Stevenson's presents still hasn't come and we're leaving tomorrow. Oh well... Happy New Years.
  • Sat Spencer in the snow to take a picture (he was really happy at first) and watched him face plant because he was on a slope.
  • Made up wierd songs and sounds that I would make/say/sing over and over until even Spencer was looking at me wierdly. It was during one of these encounters that I decided that snow is nice, but not when you get "shut-down" in it. I start to go crazy.

As you can see, I can hardley wait for finals to be over and vacation to begin. Not to mention how excited my husband will be when I stop attacking him with much-needed adult conversation the second he walks through the door.




9 comments:

Unknown said...

Marissa,

I miss you. You're hilarious.

that's all.

Amanda

Jane Huddleston said...

I agree! Hilarious! And I miss you too. Thanks for the great post and GREAT JOB on those stockings. I just started making some this week, too... but I don't think ours will turn out as cute as yours. We'll see. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tara said...

I loved your post! Your stockings are soo cute! I'm very impressed that you made them. And Spencer is cute as ever! Hope you have a great Christmas break!

Ty and Meg said...

Hey see! The stockings turned out great. You are a regular Martha. I have been crazily bored too...only I have been stuck in an office. Boo. Well we will miss you guys- but have fun and we will see you at the new year!

daniellejackson said...

Cute stockings!! Man, I wish I could get as much done as you! Great work!

Brittany and Bud Morrow said...

That was so funny. I would be going crazy too.

The Nits said...

How!?!? do you put captions on your pictures you whiz bang? -Samantha

The Ross Family said...

I think we all have weeks/days like this. Too funny, and he is adorable!

Justin and Carrie Pingel said...

Spencer trying chicken is my new favorite pic of all time. Pictures are truly worth a thousand words! Nice.