When I was young, I grew out my "sideburns" because they seemed so cool. I put sideburns in quotation marks because as a junior in high school my "sideburns" were merely flaps of head hair that extended down the sides my face. Ever since then I have loved dabbling in the world of facial hair. The following four pictures represent a four week plan that saw me shave off a different part of my beard every week. Enjoy, because my wife sure didn't.
Stage 1: Eric the Red. I think my favorite comment about the new beard was from a classmate. With smiling sincerity he remarked, "You're beard...it's red...it's...so awful!" Thanks Vijay, but I don't do it for the players, I do it for the game.
Stage 2: Civil War General. Just one swipe down the center can change your whole look. The general reception ranged from "sweet" to "hideous."
Stage 3 Mr. Fu Man Chu. My personal fav of the four weeks, the Fu reminded me of an old landscaper I used to work with named Beckham. Unfortunately for his job security, he let the push lawn mowers roll out of his truck while we were parked on an incline. He may have lost his employment that day, but I still tipped my hat to him as having the sweetest Gray Fu Man Chu I'd ever seen.

Stage 4 Killer 'Stache. By far the most difficult stage for me to fight through. But I did stick out the week. Parents clutched their children a little closer to them as I walked by. However, I did receive the warmest reception yet from my male colleagues at school. Apparently I reminded many of them of a famous..a... how shall I put...actor. It was a great run, but when your moustache hairs get so long they go up your wife's nose, it's time to say goodbye.



4 comments:
Oh poor Marissa! What an adventurous husband you have. That would drive me crazy! You brave soul. You too Stevenson! You're brave too!
Oh Stevenson. There really are no words.
OH MY! What more can I say........I guess just this, I love you anyway.
Being a history lover I do have to say that I enjoyed the Civil War General the most. Also, I'm happy Matt can't quite grow the facial hair like you can Stevenson.
Post a Comment