Happy 3rd Birthday Spencer!
April 18, 2011
Spencer's 3rd highlights:
Waking up to choose one present to open.
Loving his "cars" presents. Chick Hicks Hauler especially.
More puzzles which he loves.
Reading his birthday sign with his sock puppet.
Lightening McQueen cupcakes at pre-school. (The cone cupcakes had took a major spill the second I picked them up to leave for pre-school. They were left behind and the regular stand -bys were what the kids got. Thank goodness for stand- bys! Major crisis averted!)
Lightening McQueen piston cup candle.
So excited for presents and for candles. Did them 3 times.
It is pretty sad that I cannot even remember what we did on his birthday other than pre-school in the morning. All I can remember is that I tried to make his day as fun as possible. Say yes as much as possible, and to do things for him that day. (left all my errand running and work for another day.)
Life with a 3 year old Spencer:
Spencer is a sweet boy who loves to give his mom hugs and kisses.
He is a chatter-box and keeps the conversation flowing.
He is so cute doing puzzles and playing with his cars and toolbox for long periods of time.
One of my favorite questions from him is, "mom, do you have anything that I can fix with my tools?" Or, "mom, this puzzle is tricky, do you think you can help me out a little bit."
He is a smart boy who can count up to 30 (and more if prompted) and knows all of his letters and most of his sounds.
He can "read" road signs/store signs, etc. And can remember most of them after seeing only once.
He is very particular and often wants things done a certain way.
He loves Bob the Builder, Cars, Blues Clues, and Word World. In that order currently.
He is a good helper around the house and with cooking.
He LOVES nursery and is good at reminding us to read our scriptures in the morning.
He has a great memory and often reminds me of things that I have said out loud that I need to do. The best is when he reminds me, in the check out line, that I have forgotten the eggs or the garlic powder, or whatever it is that I had mentioned needing to get. He has saved me a trip back to the store many times!
I love my Spencer more and more every day.
He will always be my sweet baby boy.







3 comments:
Ha! That is awesome that he helps you remember your grocery list! He is one smart and good kid!
I love that wonderful little boy, too!
I don't know why I'm now known has "unknown". I thought I was known as Mama Perona or something like that.
Post a Comment