Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bandon Trip

After the dreaded board examinations were over Stevenson wanted to get out of town.  So we took a family trip down to Bandon, OR.  It is now my favorite coast town/beach with Canon Beach coming in second.  We didn't want to spend the money to stay in a slightly crappy hotel (since we can't afford a nice one) so we decided we would camp.  We had tried to reserve a Yurt before and had no luck, so we thought we would just borrow some camping stuff (as we have none- awesome right?).  That fell through and we heard threats of rain.  We almost called the whole thing off, when at the last minute we were able to get a yurt!  It was as nice, if not nicer, than any crappy hotel we could have stayed in.  Equipped with heat and electricity.  AND- it didn't rain!  AND- it was actually sunny, although the day we took pictures down by the beach it wasn't. We had a great time!  It was so fun to do something with just our family.  




















Highlights of the trip include:

Kids sleeping all the way from Eugene to Bandon! (Nellie is usually a car seat screamer so this was great!)
Bandon Bakery- great sandwiches and cupcakes
crab sandwiches along the pier
heated Yurt
starting a fire!
Starfish
smiley baby
Bandon light house
Face Rock
Nellie's first toe-dip in the ocean
Spencer rolling down the hill at the beach over and over
Can't wait to do it again.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

SUch great pictures!! Nellie is so adorable and happy and smiley! Spencer's sand face is so awesome. I'm going to steal that picture from your blog. I'm glad our tractors made it to Bandon as well :) I MISS your kids!!

Andrea said...

SUch great pictures!! Nellie is so adorable and happy and smiley! Spencer's sand face is so awesome. I'm going to steal that picture from your blog. I'm glad our tractors made it to Bandon as well :) I MISS your kids!!

Rosie said...

SOOOO cute! I love getting to know Nellie!

Lauren Kay said...

What great pictures of your kids! I love the picture of Nellie cracking up and the one of Spencer with the sand all over his face/mouth. They're adorable!

Danielle said...

seriously those are amazing pictures. Especially the laughing baby ones. Ha!

M and M said...

I love the pictures of Nellie! We can't wait to meet her, and see you guys too :)