Wednesday, August 11, 2010

You're a Grand Old Flag

After dropping my mom off at the airport in Eugene we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house for the remainder of Stevenson's school break.  Nellie was able to meet some of her cousins, and Spencer had a blast following them around.  

Ruby was so good at holding baby Nellie
Spencer and Carrie in the sandbox.



I am so happy that Nellie has so many awesome older girl cousins!
Aunt Jess and Uncle Roy

This trip was also monumental because it marked the day when Spencer said sayonara (that's a Japanese word by the way...I always thought it was Spanish) to his Fi's, or pacifiers.  He traded Grandpa his Fi's for his very own Lightening McQueen Race Car.  That 5 bucks got us a lot of mileage!  I think he only asked for them twice after we got home.  The only consequence is that he doesn't stay quietly in his bed in the mornings like he used to.....

Trading his soul for a piece of plastic.
Last, but not least, we will include some tid-bits about the 4th of July.  When Mama Perona was in town she taught Spencer all the words to "You're a Grand Old Flag."  After learning the song, everywhere we drove Spencer would point out all the "Grand Old Flags."  We would think he was asleep and then hear "There's another Grand Old Flag" or "I see a Grand Old Flag" from the back seat.  The highlight was when we walked into Gram's house (Grandma Linda) and Spencer saw buckets full of Grand Old Flags.  He was in Heaven.  Gram even let him carry a little one around.  

Here he is playing with his Grand Old Flag in the sandbox.
And here he is singing the song for you to enjoy:


2 comments:

daniellejackson said...

i loved hearing him sing that a few weeks ago! he's so smart!

Andrea said...

I don't know how many times I have watched this now! SO cute!! I'm so glad I was able to catch it on video.