Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Two weeks of bliss

Sleeping in every morning for me, hours of being read to for Spencer, delicious meals for Stevenson, many projects completed, and some fun stuff too.  Thanks to my mom's visit.


Grilled Cheese Grill did not disappoint.  What could be better than eating a grilled cheese sandwich with roasted red peppers, while playing 1980s Trivial Pursuit on an old school bus?  Not much.

The Rose Garden is heaven for my mom and this year it was in full bloom for her visit. Other places we visited were Punchbowl Falls, The Columbia River Gorge, and Powells Bookstore.  Mostly I slept and held the baby while my mom made herself busy scrubbing my table legs.

Thanks again mom, we're glad you came!

4 comments:

Faldmo's said...

Congrats...Nellie is beautiful! I love the family picture at the top of your blog...so pretty! Miss you guys

The Nits said...

That's it!! This is the third time I've added a song to my play list and then I visit your blog and you have it too; In 3's, Electric Feel and now Flashing lights! (I'm not too proud to admit I got Flashing lights from a yahoo commercial.) Great minds think alike. I've missed Rooney for a while too. The kids look terrific as well, picked up a little something for Nellikins, can't wait to see her Saturday!?!? BTW, last time I posted a comment on someone's blog the secret code was peedle. Thought you'd appreciate that.

christina clark said...

i love your mom, what a fun trip!

Linette said...

I love Katie's pictures even more seeing them on your blog! I had such a wonderful time with all of you in Portland. Now that I'm home from San Fran and helping with Matt and Danielle's new little one it's hard to believe it's all over. It seems like I waited and anticipated so long for these two new grand babies to be born. I feel so very blessed!