
The day arrived when my mother in law, Linda, would need to leave and we all prepared for the worst. We would be alone for a few days before my mom arrived. We all missed her company, cooking, and thoughtfulness. I missed my bed. Thanks to good friends who entertained Spencer and a weekend with Stevenson home we survived until my mom arrived.
We spent a lot of time on the porch blowing bubbles. Spencer also spent sometime contemplating switching roles with his sister when he realized how fun it is to wear high heels.We attended our first outing, Addelyn's 1st birthday party, on Nellie's one-week mark. Which means I sat uncomfortably at the picnic table eating food while Stevenson manned Spencer. It was nice to get out, although still uncomfortable, and fun to celebrate with Addy!
We also enjoyed a slew of visitors, including Great-Aunt and Uncle Kathleen and Stephen. I don't even know if it i possible to number the babies that he has held. He has the magic touch though and Nellie was asleep in no time.
Throughout it all Nellie was a gem and frequented us with views of her dimples.
(More posts to come- especially if I can figure out how to post without making this look so wierd. Why can't I put two pictures side by side?? )



5 comments:
I LOVE the dimple picture!!
She is gorgeous! And I love the dimple!!!
She is gorgeous, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat for more pictures. Love this new addition in your family! p.s. Are you guys coming out for thanksgiving? Jeff and I are and it would be super cool if we could get to see you and nellie and spencer and stevenson. just wondering ... and wishing and hoping and praying. Love you guys!
We can't wait to see you guys soon! Spencer and Nellie are 2 of the cutest humans ever known to man.
She is absolutely beautiful and I LOVE seeing the picture of Dad holding your little sack of sugar.... he does have the magic touch, always got my babies to sleep too.
Post a Comment