Thursday, August 6, 2009

This Boy

I don't often take the time to write about Spencer and how much I love him. I loved him when he was a baby, I loved him when he started smiling, eating solids, and crawling. But I love him so much more now than I ever did before. Every day as we learn to communicate with each other and make each other laugh, I love him more and more.

A few of his favorites:
KEYS- and "unlocking"every door handle, screw and nook in the house
Daddy! Especially greeting him at the door when he comes home from school
Switching light switches off and on
dino nuggets
FRUIT!
shoes
his blanket- suddenly has become inseperable
watching videos of his cousin brenden on my phone
"Go"-ing anywhere
Toast
Being outside! Climbing stairs and throwing rocks
"leading" the music
folding his arms for prayer (so proud of himself)
Drawing! He loves crayons, pens, and pencils and will pick any up that he can get his hands on (holding them correctly I might add)
other kids snacks and sippy cups
unraveling the toilet paper
climbing into cupboards


Things he doesn't like

Most Vegetables
Getting in and out of the carset multiple times (who can blame him?)
having his face wiped after eating
not being able to eat/drink other kids snacks and sippy cups
having things taken away from him
leaving any group of people to go to bed
hot portland weather


He really is a happy boy and likes most things. He is easy going and easy to laugh.
We love this little boy!

7 comments:

Elder and Sister Perona said...

We love this little boy, too!
Mom and Dad

Elder and Sister Perona said...

"Hanging In There" is us, your Mom and Dad...but we have no clue how this moniker came up...

Elder and Sister Perona said...

Actually, that is Dad. He signed up a long time ago...and forgot...

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Marissa, Loved your poasts so much I had to change the spelling! I almost channeled my inner Harry Potter or Star Trek...

Nicole said...

very cute, thanks for sharing.

Rosie said...

AHHH we miss you guys! Wanna play? Are you in Portland... sorry we missed your calls. I'll call this week! See you soon...

Michele said...

i want an update! i want to see new cute pictures of this little guy and the wedding and more funny stories! you guys are good at those. my dad told me he saw you at church. the sealing was awesome. no words. just incredible. maybe next time we adopt we will be getting sealed in oregon and you can come : )