I meant for these pictures to be at the end of the post, but I haven't quite figured this thing out yet, so you get them first.
He's getting so big and long!

Whenever Stevenson changes Spencer he always comes walking out with all his clothes off. He says that Spencer needs air.
Spencer trying on Grandpa Smith's glasses.
Tired in the bathtub. Look at that belly!
A half smile. I'll get a good picture eventually!
He's getting so big and long!
Whenever Stevenson changes Spencer he always comes walking out with all his clothes off. He says that Spencer needs air.
Spencer trying on Grandpa Smith's glasses.
Tired in the bathtub. Look at that belly!
A half smile. I'll get a good picture eventually! I don't think anyone truly understands the time it takes to be a mom until you become one. After seven weeks of pretty much doing nothing except be a mom (which i'm not complaining about) I think it is time for me to slowly weave some things back into my life. I can't not be able to get out of the house before 10am (or later some days) for the rest of my life. So last sunday in the Eugene 3rd Ward relief society they had us make goals for the month of June. The ward goals are friendliness (to neighbors, ward members, etc) and prepardness (year supply). In addition to those the relief society does a fitness goal. I never follow through with these things but I thought that if I set some simple goals I could more easily integrate them into my new life of motherhood. So here are my goals:
Friendliness:
I don't know anyone here, BUT I can go to enrichment this month and talk to one person who isn't my mother-in-law or grandmother-in-law.
Prepardness:
As I do not have a home of my own as of now something simple I can do in terms of prepardness is an emergency kit for our car. (Food, water, blanket, medical supplies, flashlight, etc.)
Fitness:
Post-pregnancy excercise seems very daunting. Even the thought of running makes me laugh (because I know that is what people driving down the street will be doing when they see my form-or lack of it) BUT I CAN make a goal to do 1 hour of exercise per week. Simple enough to attain and will inspire me to do more.
These are my goals for June. Small and simple, I know, yet attainable.
6 comments:
i love it that you are posting a lot more lately, we miss you guys tons and it is fun to see little Spencer getting bigger and cuter. He is adorable, I love him! I really like the well-placed washclothe in the first picture. He has such a cute round tummy. Jeff really enjoyed the picture of Spencer in the dental chair with the mirror and explorer. Ben says that when he gets big like daddy he is going to go to Dentist School too.
Holy Buddha belly and thunder thighs! Atta boy to chunk up like that! He is changing so much already. I miss you guys like mad. Seeing these pictures makes me want to jaunt up there immediately and pay you a visit. We will make it there soon I promise. Give my nephew a kiss for me. :)
Oh my gosh he is so cute! I cant believe it has been almost 2 months already! HOLY CRAP!! We were talking about you and missing you at Emily Lewis' shower last night. Your mom gave us the report on you guys...oh yeah and dont worry, you'll get the hang of things and be able to get out earlier and earlier. it is such a different ball game throwing a baby in the mix! Good luck and congratz! Ps i'm glad you're feeing better!
YAY! You have a blog! I only just discovered it, but I'm really happy about it. I love you Marissa, and your baby is adorable. I can't wait to meet Spencer someday.
What are you guys doing in Oregon? Dental School?
Your baby is beautiful! Congratulations!
hes getting so big already!! i love that you are posting!! how are you liking eugene?
Post a Comment