i should be in bed right now. or doing the two million things that need doing before 1:00 tomorrow when i begin to train my replacement. but instead i started thinking about how boring my blog was and how it needed a face lift. and the music removed. aren't you so glad i took that off?? (about time!)
all i had going through my head were the lyrics to Paperback Writer, by the Beatles. Stevenson will turn that song on and give "paperback rides" (also know as piggyback rides) to the kids. today, when i took the kids swimming, they kept asking for a "paperback ride." so, there you have the thought process behind my new blog title. deep right? the last title was a quick fix to remove our last name from our blog, you know, so i didn't feel like i had to go private. but it never really fit, so it was time for a change.
a lot of other things are about to change, but i don't feel quite ready for those. change can be so good (like finally organizing a closet that i've been putting off for months!) but it can also be really hard (like realizing that I will have to pack up that closet in 1.5 weeks to move...).
if you would have told me 4 years ago that i would love Portland, (let alone that I would have friends!), when dental school was over i would not have believed you. 4 years ago i sat in church on our first Sunday with a swollen foot from a bee sting and a grumpy mood all over my face. who would want to be friends with the girl who wore a frumpy sock to church on her first day to cover her swollen foot?!? it was pretty bad. a positive outlook did not exist.
recently i was looking through pictures from the last 4 years. i am amazed by how good our life is. i feel blessed by the friendships we've made, the growth we've experienced, and what my little family has become.
here are some of way too many of my favorite pictures of the past 4 years in dental school:

































7 comments:
I'm glad you did this! Even though I'm close to tears! I love all of the pictures and I'm so grateful for your friendship! We are really going to miss you guys!
So glad you included our lovely primary picture. Some of the best times were had with you in primary. Already missing you!
What better way to start your day with a few tears?! Ha. Seriously, I am going to miss you guys so much! That was a fun picture walk down memory lane! I don't like thinking about leaving all of our friends behind. :(
loving these pictures! sad you are leaving!!!
Love those pictures. You were right...what a great 4 years! I'm sure the next 4 will be just as great! You guys are a wonderful family.
I can't believe how much we have all changed in 4 years! I loved looking at this post and all the memories. Don't like how sad it makes me feel though...
Wow. Loved this post. I can't believe it is all behind us and how much fun we had. Who would have thought? Its only been a few weeks but I miss you (and everyone else) terribly. It was the best of times and the worst of times right? But mostly the best. Love you!
Post a Comment