You are gone already. Last year, I was pretty glad to see you go. I was in the middle of potty training, sick kids, and a baby who still wasn't sleeping through the night. The passage of time was a good thing.
This year my kids sleep pretty well most nights, potty training is not currently an issue (although Nellie has gone on the potty a few times), and we are mostly healthy. This year the passage of time is not something I look forward to. Most days I want to freeze my kids right here, right now; tutus, legos, blowing bubbles in milk and all. Most days I wonder how the day goes by so fast.
I also am not prepared for the change that is going to happen this year. Mostly it is exciting and what we have been working so hard toward. But also it is a little bit sad, and hard to experience change, and a little scary, and a little unknown.
Every passing month means we are getting closer to leaving what has become our home. Although I will not be sad to leave our apartment, apartment managing, working at the J, or the business of my calling, I will be sad to leave Portland, our friends who are like family, our ward, and our weekly routine that is cozy and comfortable. And maybe I will miss all of that business? Maybe that is the scariest part of all? Leaving a busy, full, life to a new, quieter, less busy (at first at least) life?
I know eventually I will be ready to leave and move on. Time just seems to be passing a little too fast for my liking.
So January, tell February to take her time. Tell her we want to dawdle a little in February. Tell March too, because once those months end it will be a wild whirlwind until Fall.
Xoxo,
Marissa
Sledding at Mt. Hood
Blowing milk bubbles with Alexa.


2 comments:
I know what you mean, I totally have mixed feelings about this graduation business. Thanks for watching Alexa the other day! Now I know why she didn't want to leave! Too much fun!
oh man, changes like that are always hard.
Post a Comment