Friday, December 16, 2011

18 months

Sorry for the blurry pictures, but this little beauty has started nursery!
We have been completely surprised by how well the transition has gone.   As in, no transition at all.  She walked in, sat down at the play dough table and that was it.  My sources tell me that she doesn't cry and has a fun time, and then is excited to see us when we pick her up.  

Definitely not what we were expecting from her.  I thought she would have a hard time being left without her brother, or at least cry when we left her (like she does at other places) but nope,  the first two weeks have been no big deal.  

It seems like she has become a toddler overnight.  She talks so much these days.  The crying and whining has greatly reduced and she is much more independent.  In the morning she will go to the cupboard, get out her bowl and a spoon and sit down at her little table where she will ask for cereal and milk.  Cutest. Thing. Ever.  

She loves her daddy and makes sure every morning that he has his lunch and backpack before she waves goodbye. 

I had never seen her "hit" anyone before her first week of nursery (only downside) but now she gives the best hugs and kisses after "hitting" to make up for it.  Love those kisses.

The best part of her growing up has been the friendship that has developed between she and Spencer.  They have the best time together and are starting to work together to create mischief.  Whenever I hear uncontrollable laughter coming from the two of them I know something is up :) 

I realized this month that Nellie truly is no longer a baby.  It breaks my heart to think that that time of her life is gone.  It goes by so. fast. 

We miss you baby Nellie.

But we sure love the girl you are becoming!



3 comments:

daniellejackson said...

What a pretty little girl! I love her dress too! I'm glad nursery was an easy transition.

Tara said...

she is so adorable! They grow up way too fast! So glad she loves nursery! She does well for singing time. :)

Diana said...

I love her! And I can't believe she's 18 months...that means mine will be soon here too! I'm glad nursery was an easy transition, it definitely beats roaming the halls with her for 2 hours!