Saturday, December 11, 2010

13.1

Just because I never blogged about it doesn't mean it didn't happen or wasn't great! 










Lowlights:
The bottle neck for the 1st mile
the smell of bacon on mile 9- gag
not seeing our husbands at the finish line (we were too fast)

Highlights:

Training with friends (so many fun saturday morning runs)
Staying in Eugene with my inlaws
Good weather - sun even! But not hot!
No rain
No knee issues
Running with Megan the whole time
Running the whole time
Smiling the whole time
Thinking "this is farther than I have EVER ran" every footstep after mile 10
Listening to music from my highschool era for the last 3 miles 
Running much faster than I thought possible 2:08:00
Feeling so proud of my non-athlete self
Seeing Jess, Carrie and Ruby at the finish line
Chocolate milk and roses from our husbands
Relaxing and Harry Potter watching after the race


I'd say the Highlights way outway the "lowlights."  
It was a great experience and I am so proud of myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need to do more of those Saturday runs. I am missing them. So glad we did it!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Are those super pixely pictures the ones I sent you?? I should try again if so. I must have sent them as a funky size...?

Aria said...

hey good job Rissa! That is such a feat, I'm so happy you were able to go ahead with it!