Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Design Dilemma

Do any of you have a paint color in your house that you love? Or design blogs/magazines where you get your decorating ideas? Please share if you are willing. I need a paint color that would look great in a room with a red couch. I also need some great ideas for re-doing the kids bedroom as we now need to make room for little miss smith and incorporate some girl into a room with currently blue walls. Paint ideas here are good too. What have you done that turned out well?

In other news spencer is starting to show quite the imagination. His favorite thing lately is his stuffed puppy. He puts puppy to bed and tells me to "shhhh...quiet...puppy sleeping." He also puts puppy in his highchair and feeds him food.
A lot of our friends have baby girls, so spencer has been getting a lot of practice. We were baby-sitting Bella the other day and Spencer told me he wanted to show Bella his tools. I went in the Kitchen and when I came back this is what I saw.

He was so proud of himself.



12 comments:

zelmers said...

The girl cousins are overjoyed around here! So are the boy cousins for that matter. We all are. Here's to the timely and healthy arrival of little Miss Smith. Congratulations.

Jessica and Reece said...

Your little man is hilarious! I love the picture with all the toys.

Andrea said...

You finally updated! Good for you :) You should paint the walls with a mural of my face. But in magic eye style.

daniellejackson said...

At least Spencer's tools are fake!

Here's a couple design blogs I like. I see a lot of gray and blue walls, cute!

http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/
http://ccinteriors.blogspot.com/

Let me know when you paint! I'd love to help!

I think that a safari nursery would be way cute with blue walls and very easy to do for a shared room. I got a little excited and searched for some pictures and I made a collage for what I think would be cute! But I'm sure there are lots of good ideas! Good Luck!

My safari collage:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/rG_uRWbpmDd54fYLyZ7pAA?feat=directlink

Anonymous said...

Okay- first of all- Danielle...you are awesome. haha Second...I am happy you are having a girl and third- the blue on the wall in the collage Danielle made is the blue I was talking about. Or at least in the right blue family. I LOVE that blue. You can darken or lighten or brighten or whatever from there but it is a great color. And it would be cute with red. Or! to go with the theme of the previous tenants I suggest you just paint the whole place black. :)

Mina said...

Finally, an update! Yes! Pottery Barn is teamed with Benjamin Moore paints. Look through their catalog and find a color you love, and then they'll tell you the exact color # for the paint. It's a good way of seeing it on a wall before you buy/paint. I love Nantucket Grey.
That Spencer is so ready to be a big brother! Love it!

Michele said...

I have some colors I love so I'll email you! And I'm so excited about little miss smith. I can't wait to see pictures!!

christina clark said...

yay for girl!! that is exciting! Spencer is going to love her, I wish I had some good ideas, but we are all boy over here. but i have to agree with andrea, a mural of her in magic eye style sounds pretty cool, devan could totally do that too. the kids would be entertained for hours trying to figure it all out.

Diana said...

I saw a room for a little girl that had blue walls...they were like a sky blue and they had red and white accents, I didn't think it'd be cute, but it turned out awesome and totally girly, so if you don't want to paint, you can just try to make it girly somehow...I will give you the link to that room if you want some ideas. As for color with a red couch, I think gray would look good, remember when Michele showed her gray paint for their family room? I really liked it. Wish I could help. How's the pregnancy going?

Linette said...

I love painting rooms. It's a great way to decorate. If you don't like it, you can always re-paint!

M and M said...

Good job Stevenson on making it a girl, now our kids can be married forever!

lindsey said...

Yeay I found you blog from Daniells blog! That little Spencer is so dang cute. I should have him over for a play date with Rae sometime soon. She would love it. The two of them just crack me up:)