Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hermiston! - catch up by Marissa

Can you tell we had a 6 week break from school??
We have a lot of catching up to do on our blog.
We started our break by leaving right after finals to Hermiston, OR with our friends Tara and Tyler and their daughter Addelyn.
Spencer doned his boots and jean shorts while we attended the fair.

We decided to try a few kiddie rides for Spence,
but I think the only people having fun were his parents.

Our favorites at the rodeo were mutton busting,
bucking broncos, and of course, bull riding.


Our sweet boy who was so good at the late night rodeo!
Seriously, the two kids were champs!


Of course the adults wanted to ride one ride, although I think we all regretted it. Something about your child starting to cry as you descend the duct tape secured ride, and smashing against the throw-up stained cage during the 360 degree spins because the lap bar doesn't come down far enough for you wasn't as fun as any of us thought it would be :)

Spencer might be smiling here, but I think we were both sick after.

The food, of course, was the best part. Deep-fried cinnamon rolls, lemonade slushies, elephant ears, kettle corn (which I spilled at the rodeo) and pulled pork. Yum!

Addelyn placed in the top (15, i think??) at the prettiest baby contest and won these sweet sunglasses! She is such a babe and spencer has a major crush on her.
Every day he asks about "Addy."
We had a great time! Thank you bendixsen's and Bendixsen parents for the great trip!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Marissa, looks like fun but I must say that Ella is getting a little jealous over all of the time Spencer is spending with other girls...just saying.
Oh and I couldn't help but read bendixsens...are they in any way related to cameron as in cam-dawg...remember him? Ask them because bendixsen doesn't seem like too common of a name...and he kinda looks like him...small world!

Tara said...

Yay for Hermiston! And in response to the previous person's post... yes we are related to Cameron... I am married to his younger brother Tyler. Way small world!