Sunday, May 25, 2008

Time for a new post?

After a year I think it is time for a new post! Our biggest news since last year is the arrival Spencer Stevenson Smith. He entered the world on April 18th at 8:01am weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and was 20 inches long. He has been the love of our lives ever since. Do you think it's possible to love somebody TOO much? Because we might be guilty of that.



Spencer with his grandma smith.
Grandma Smith brought these shoes with her when she came to see Spencer in CA along with a letter explaining the history of the shoes. History: Stevenson is the youngest of 4 girls, so when his grandpa darr heard they had a boy he went out and bought these basketball shoes on the way to the hospital. Stevenson was such a huge baby (11 lbs 7 oz) that we don't know if he ever actually wore them or not, but they fit Spencer - 3 generations of basketball players? We'll see.
My brother Matt and his wife Danielle had their baby, Brenden, in January. We've been doing photo shoots of the cousins every sunday since Spencer was born. We miss them now that we are in Oregon.
Brenden and Spencer. Spencer pulls the funniest faces and almost always has a furrowed brow. We love our serious-faced boy!

Brenden is 3 months older and huge compared to Spencer (he'll catch up though :) ) I love that Brenden has his arm around little Spence.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness you posted!! Yay for that. Spencer is soo cute and I'm so happy for you guys. So you moved to California but now you are in Oregon? What's going on with dental school and stuff? I'm so glad you are blogging again. I missed hearing what you guys were up to. Can't wait for future posts of your cute family.

christina clark said...

Those pictures are so cute, we miss you guys!! i love the picture with brenden with his arm around spencer, so adorable. keep posting so that we can see that cute baby of yours.

Diana said...

Marissa!!!! I love that you posted and I love that I found it, I thought I had lost your blog address. Anyway, I need to call you soon and I got your message, I love your little boy, he is so cute. You and Stevenson look like the best parents ever! Love you!!!!!